Friday, September 25, 2009

Check out this awesome dish that will keep you going!

Today as I was rushing out of the house to train a client I needed something fast to gulp down after my workout. Take a look at this simple yet high in iron and protein salad. It litteraly took me 5 min or less to make. Pair it with a cup of green tea (jasmine is my fav) and boy were talking energy for the day!!!

pre washed spinach
Half a can of lentals (drained and rinsed)
small handful of almonds
whole grain bread toasted and drizzled with olive oil (cut and used as crutons)
little dalop of mayo (half a teaspoon?) (o.k so you can pass on the mayo if you are looking to cut the fat out)
Drizzle olive oil over all
Squeeze fresh lemon over all
shake of basil over all....

Stir it all together and mmmmm.... satisfying, fresh, high in iron, protein and not to mention delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment