Sunday, December 13, 2009

Some Christmas perspective

'Tis the season to be( )...you can fill in the rest. I know for me it's the season when all I want to do is mow down on holiday goodies and push my workouts to the side. It would be nice if those behaviors lead to love joy and peace inside but I have to be honest...there has been some self loathing going on. Just recently I was reminded of some things I wrote on perspective. Heck this whole Christmas thing is not about us anyway...


This is a shout out to all the women out there who are feeling less than beautiful. This is a an invitation to all ladies who do not see themselves as they should.

We have so much pressure and stress on us, how do we get by? Everything around us screams, "You are not pretty, thin, fit, healthy, or beautiful enough...be like us...we are real".

I have news for those around us who scream such things... "You are not real, we are."

Woman rise up, woman wake up, shake yourselves off and be. Be you. Simple? Yet it's really not.

Who is that voice telling you "no, don't eat that, don't touch that, don't wear that, don't be that"....I hate that voice. And yet i listen. It makes me feel confused. When i listen to that voice I forget who I am. I forget what I look like, i lose my perspective. Ahh, perspective, a very important word for us women. We need it like we need water. I argue most of us don't have it. Why? Because most of us want to be somebody else but who we are. "Prove it" you say? O.k most of us want to be 10lbs lighter, our skin colour is too dark or too light, our hair is too curly or too straight. We are too fat, we need to stay skinny.....thin...whatever...whatever they look like in the magazines...we need to look like that...they are real.

But are they?

Why are we hurting ourselves over these things?

There is a devil and he is trying to take your joy by 1st taking your perspective. He knows if he can get your perspective and if he can only distort how you see yourself then he has you.

He does that because a women is a powerful weapon in that hand of God. If only we knew how powerful. When we focus on food, our bodies, and image we loose sight of what God has created us to do. We become side tracked with calories and things that don't really matter (and yet they can consume us and our lives).

You are not alone. You need to know that.

The CN tower looks HUGE if you stand at the bottom and look up. However, if you hop on a plane and look straight down, how big does that tower look now? It is nothing but a dot. It is all about perspective.

The reality is that you are seated in heavenly places with Jesus Christ. You are not alone, nor do you have to go through this alone.

The function of the body of Christ is to function as the body of Christ.
If you need to talk, I am here.
-Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment