Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is it?

For a long time I have put off doing what I know I love and crazy enough NEED to do...dance. It fuels and feeds me. It pours out of me and yet pours into me. I connect and it focuses me. It some how takes my eyes off me?! How can that be? But if I think about how I was created, who I was created by it makes perfect sense.

For a long time (especially this past year) I felt guilty about this desire, longing and need to dance. I didn't fully believe that God had put the desire there and that it was just me being...selfish? (Wow sometimes when you write your thoughts out they look kind of dumb). After 4 weeks of attending a contemporary dance class I feel full, overflowing, and energized, yet grounded. Yes.



I write this to issue a challenge....GO. Do it. What burns in your heart, mind and soul? You know what it is. Here, read the above statements and instead of "dance", replace it with what is burning in your heart right now.

Please don't let fear of...whatever....stop you. A good friend of mine quoted a speaker who said "so your scared?....well do it scared!!!"

Attending the dance class with other dancers who have technique coming out of...everywhere and being the one who needs help and patience is not easy. I fail constantly in the class. But I am failing at attempting something that gives so much back. So go fail, fall, stumble and get your hands dirty, take your pride and hang it up for a while (you don't really need it anyway).

Let's Dance!
Grace and peace,
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment